Thursday, June 3, 2010

Catching Up

My apologies for going a few days without a post, but I felt I had to at least put something down.  For a while there, I had a good amount of recipes ready to go for new posts, but they have caught up with me.  Not that I don't have more recipes to blog about, but I don't have any that I have tested and completed for posting, so it looks like I have a bit of catching up to do.

Tonight, though, I am making my second attempt at my "from scratch" dessert and I am quite confident of it being a success.  So, hopefully, tomorrow you will all get to find out the mystery dessert, and have it rise to the top of your sweets list, too.

Also, for the weekend, we'll have a GFGS Special Weekend Post from my in-law's house in San Antonio.  Saturday is my brother-in-law's 17th birthday and he has requested that instead of going out to eat, we all make dinner together.  I couldn't think of anything better.  However, from what I've heard so far on what he wants to make, there will be quite a motely collection of culinary endeavors all culminating to a grand feast on one table.  Check back Sunday for that Special Weekend Edition of GFGS.

And I also want to give a big thank you to those of you who read this blog.  I have spoken to quite a few people who have said that they like the blog and are trying the recipes and it really means a lot to me.  I hope these recipes offer you an opportunity to spend some time with the people that God has blessed you with, because when it comes down to it, food is just food.  Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes out of the mouth of God, so use those times when you are altogether baking or cooking or in the garden or eating to talk about what God has said to us about Himself, about His Son, Jesus Christ, and about each other and how we can spur each other on to obedience and faithfulness to the God who loves us so much.

until next time...

3 comments:

Teri Dufilho said...

i love this post.......looking forward to seeing the Feast from San Antonio!!.....how fun!

Unknown said...

i can't wait for you guys to get here and for the celebration to begin! it will definitely be a 'motley collection'. . .i'm not so sure about the 'grand feast' lol!

Kerri said...

Paul D. you are a beautiful person. I love the way you made the connections betweeen food and community as well as provision and God. I cannot wait to meet your newest little mouth (and soul) to feed! The Lord has done great things for us...