Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 26 Double Duty

Wow, I never thought I'd do two posts in the same day, but I had to.  I just read the most recent post from a blog that I follow called "The Delicious Truth", which I've spoken of before.  It is run by a chef in New York City named Rob Endelman and it's a great resource for the downfall of our food supply here in America -- from pesticides, to non-food additives, to crafty marketing tag lines given by big food companies and supported by our USDA and FDA.  He really does a great job.

His post this morning was very interesting.  He was amazed at how radish seeds can go from tiny seeds to sprouting seedlings in a matter of a few days and then be mature plants for harvest in a few weeks.  I too am amazed at this process.  But then he said something that rang the bell inside me:

"Despite knowing the science behind it [growing process], I'm still at a loss for deeper understanding."

While I can't claim that I understand it fully, I do believe that it is God who causes all things to grow and have their being.  Who else could think this up:  that from one seed you get a plant, in which there are many more seeds than when you first started?  What man could understand this or comprehend it well enough to make it up?  Blows my mind...

"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate — bringing forth food from the earth:  wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart."
- Psalm 104 : 14, 15

It seems like God has been talking about grass-fed beef a lot longer than we have.  He knew all along.

1 comment:

meganlagoy.blogspot.com said...

I especially like the part about the wine. :)