Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sourdough in Action


My first loaf of sourdough, and it turned out better than expected with my young starter.  The crumb was a little more uniform and fine than I would prefer, but it was a good start.  I also made it with half white and half whole wheat flour.  However, I think the whole wheat over powered the tang in the sourdough, so next time it's all white flour in the recipe.  Hopefully, this will be something I can perfect (at least for my taste) fairly quickly so I can get another recipe up on the blog.  Very pleased though with the initial result.


I'll try to make a few more loaves by the weekend, in hopes to also put up the recipe for one of my top 3 favorite sandwiches of all time...using sourdough, of course.  Any guesses??

5 comments:

Teri Dufilho said...

yay!........that's a beautiful loaf, paul !... well, it sorta looks like a halter-top bathing suit......just imagine a doll's head on top!....haha.....ok, favorite sandwich?......hmmmmm......meatball?.....grilled cheese?....

Booyah said...

Oooh, that looks mega tasty. I'm excited for you to send me a few loaves. Because you are going to, yes?

Favorite sandwich: some kind of salami with cheese and peppers?

gekko422 said...

Yes, you definitely need to send me one to sample!!!

And Booyah's sandwich idea sounds awesome!!

meganlagoy.blogspot.com said...

looks perfect. i know what you mean about adding whole wheat. some breads just weren't meant for the wheat taste.

Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.