Saturday, May 1, 2010

Guy's Day

While Bethany is living it up in the knick-knack cornucopia that is Canton, Charlie and I are having a guys day.  First, we went and had pancakes and bacon.  As you can see, like his daddy, he likes bacon.

After that, we went to the grocery store to pick up what we needed.  I love going to the grocery store, and I haven't been in a while because Bethany has been doing it a lot lately.  So it was really nice to get back there because it gives me different ideas about new dishes.  Like today I saw these Indian Eggplant, and it's like they just spoke to me:  "Grill me and put me in pasta."  That's what they said to me, so that's what I'm going to do.

So we had a great trip, just father and son, enjoying the day and each other...and going super fast in the shopping cart.  But I have to tell you, being at that grocery store made me more excited about the farm stand opening on May 5th.  I can't wait to get stuff like this right from the source.

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

look at that precious face!......glad you guys had a fun guy's day........mmmm, let me know when it's grilled eggplant pasta night..... i'll be RIGHT over!! ;)