Friday, May 14, 2010

The Recipe Revolution

Since yesterday's post, I realized how absolutely depressing my list of recipes is.  Two, in all.  And I want to remedy that --- for your sake and for mine.  For your sake so you will have something perhaps new or different to try, hopefully enjoy, and then share with your family or those you love most.  And for my sake because I don't use recipes.  I don't create recipes.  I'm forcing myself to trod into the realm of the unknown, down the path of measuring and counting and planning and mise en place and all these processes that I don't normally do (except for baked goods, of course).

So, I'm officially giving it my all, in pursuit of turning what I normally throw together into something that can be accurately documented and then shared, because that's what this is all about.  Sharing with you some of the things I've learned and hopefully you returning the favor.  I'd love to hear from all of you about your favorite recipes, their history and if you have changed them in any way to make them your own.  You can either comment or send me an email under the "Contact" tab at the top.

Tomorrow, we start with the first dish that became a staple in our house (actually, it was an apartment back then).  Let the revolution begin!

4 comments:

Teri Dufilho said...

yay!......i love recipe discussions and new ideas!......wow, between your blog and megan's, i'll have no end to new dishes to try!......i'm getting my printer heated up, and putting a few more clear sheets in my homemade recipe books, in anticipation !!!...i'll try to submit a few of my favorites, too....(haha, not "ham roll-ups!"

Bethany said...

Hey I love the new signature! How come its only on this post?

rdufilho said...

Hey, Paulie. Can we request your culinary expertise (or advice)? I had an AMAZING meatless burger at a restaurant in Dallas. I'm pretty sure the main ingredient was mushrooms (instead of the usual black beans), but I have no idea what else I would put in there to hold it all together. Any ideas? Do you wanna do a meatless post for your vegetarian sister?

Paul said...

Robin, I'm definitely putting it on my list of to do's. Wow, that is going to be a big challenge, but I'm looking forward to taking it on.

Also, that risotto I posted today would be a great veggie dish if you use vegetable stock and take out the sausage.