Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Success

Well, I think this can be considered a success.  I went out and got a good ole cast iron dutch oven and it gave me great results.  It rose a pretty good amount in the oven and the crust is amazing.  I do think the dough was a bit on the dense side, still.  That might take a little tweaking with the ratios of flour to water.

Also, today is May 5th, which marks the opening of the farm stand at St. Fairsted Farms.  Although I won't be able to go out there today, the family will definitely be making a trip out there this Saturday. 

3 comments:

Matt Dufilho said...

Wow, that looks incredible, Paul! Sorry I missed you over the weekend, but it was good to see you and Charlie had a mantastic day.

Teri Dufilho said...

I not only SAW this yummy loaf of sourdough, but had a little hunk of it, and it was sooo good!.... i like a rich, dense bread, so, thought it was perfect!....

meganlagoy.blogspot.com said...

That bread looks amazing. Good job working out the kinks and problem solving. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to the farm stand!