Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Pages

I thought I'd just put a reminder out there that there's more to this blog than just the posts here on the main page.  I officially have all of my separate pages up and going, which are linked in the tabs at the top of the page.  Of course, it will take some time to get them full, but at least there's something on each one of them right now.

Recipes
This is pretty self-explanatory.  Each recipe will link to the blog post which it's under, so you don't have to go searching through my whole blog for it.  I'm really going to try to start adding more at a faster rate, because it's a pretty depressing list right now.

Scripture
I'm currently doing some scripture memory and mentorship with an older member of our church. It has been great so far and it has revolutionized the simple spiritual disciplines in my life. We usually memorize 2 passages of scripture from the Bible per week, but since we've been going for a while, I'll post new ones each day until we get caught up.

Music
If you don't know me, I have been a musician since probably Kindergarten.  That's when I started piano lessons, which continued through middle school sometime.  In the 6th grade, I joined our band as a percussionist and continued with this until I graduated high school.  I was very, very fortunate to have teachers that were some of the best in the country, and thus spurred us on to be the best we could be.  This did result in a couple state titles in marching band and a runner up at a national competitition.  I then transitioned to guitar mid-way through college and have really been enjoying it.  I currently play electric guitar for our band at church and Bethany sings.  She, too, has grown up with music all around her and has a beautiful voice.  We are a muscial family, and it's something that I believe Charlie is already starting to pick up.

The music page is where I'll post new songs that I like, songs I'm writing, new equipment, etc.  I'd love to hear any feedback from any of you.

So, check out the new pages, even through the content so far is pretty scarce.  I'll continue to add more every day.

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

wow, i didn't know that you already had some stuff in the different categories....of course, you know my favorite verses from your scripture page!......that's so great that you're memorizing passages....one of my most amazing times of hearing from God came from Him bringing a verse to my mind in a more-than-coincidence moment...